What is Hydrogen Fuel Cell
The hydrogen fuel cell as an energy conversion device converts the chemical energy of the fuel into electrical energy through an electrochemical reaction, accompanied by the production of heat and products (H20). The monomer cell, the core part of the fuel cell, consists of three main parts: the positive electrode (oxidiser electrode), the negative electrode (fuel electrode) and the electrolyte. When the fuel cell works, oxidation gas is fed to the positive electrode (cathode) and fuel is fed to the negative electrode (anode), thus producing hydroxide and oxidation reactions (the two reactions are located on either side of the electrolyte diaphragm) and providing electricity to the outside. Unlike a heat turbine, a fuel cell does not work through a heat engine process, but directly through the chemical energy of the fuel to produce electrical energy, fundamentally free from the limitations of the Carnot cycle, and therefore the fuel cell has a high energy conversion efficiency. Hydrogen fuel cells use pure H2 or high purity H2 as fuel and the reaction product is only H20. no pollutants such as SOx and NOx are produced, making them very friendly to the environment.
If you would like to know the basics of hydrogen fuel cells in more detail. Please check out : What is Hydrogen Fuel Cell.
Simple Solar Hydrogen Fuel Cell System Video
SENZA Hydrogen Fuel Cell
This hydrogen fuel cell is specially equipped for small and medium power output power systems, including UAV, portable power supplies, and portable micro backup power supplies.It has the characteristics of light weight and high specific power. Multiple groups can be expanded in series and parallel through special electronic control modules to meet the power requirements of different levels of customers. It is easy to replace or integrate with customers’ existing power systems, and it is convenient and flexible to use.
Light weight, small size, easy to carry; Quiet design; Simple structure, high reliability; Fast start-up speed, short response time, suitable for various application environments; Good environmental adaptability, adapt to various weather changes; Simple control strategy, easy to use Integrate into various application systems.
How is hydrogen produced.
The current mainstream hydrogen production methods are to use PEM electrolyzers or alkaline electrolyzers to produce hydrogen.But the two production technologies will be different, we prefer to use PEM electrolyzers.PEM VS Alkaline Electrolyzers You can choose the right hydrogen generator for you by checking this article.
Operating Instructions for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Stack
- Pipe Connection: Connect the hydrogen → relief valve → hydrogen inlet of the fuel cell stack.
- ①: 1) Gradually adjust the hydrogen relief valve. Adjust to specified hydrogen pressure range.
② 2) Turn on the hydrogen intake reactor to operate automatically.
③ 3) When the hydrogen is introduced into the fuel cell, the fuel cell starts to operate and the fan starts to rotate. Please do not load any load when the fuel cell starts.
- Upon the starting of the fuel cell, the load may be gradually increased within the rated power range as required, but cannot be immediately added to the rated power. The fuel cell has an over-current condition. The control alarm shows that the stack voltage may run the normally at DC voltage range.
- Close the hydrogen fuel cell. When preparing to close the fuel cell, please confirm that the load has been closed, then close the hydrogen valve. After the closing of the hydrogen valve, the fan will continue to operate for several minutes until the hydrogen in the cell is exhausted.
- When the fuel cell is running, ensure the hydrogen pressure in the fuel cell is between Corresponding hydrogen input pressure range, and make sure at the same time there is sufficient hydrogen flow. If the hydrogenpressure in the hydrogen supply system is too high or too low, or the hydrogen flow is insufficient, the fuel cell will be damaged.
- Make sure the hydrogen inlet is on top and the outlet is downward to keep a smooth drainage (Otherwise the battery will be damaged).
- Be sure to start the fuel cell first and then load it.
- You would better use a Ziploc Bag to storage it after use.
Affirmation and Warning
- Before you work with the fuel cell stack, please read through the Manual and keep it at hand during the operation.
- Follow the instructions which listed in the Manual.
- Disassembling or refitting the hydrogen fuel cell stack is prohibited. Any modification to the fuel cell stack will pose a major hidden safety danger. SENZA is not liable for any damage caused by unauthorized modification.
- Hydrogen fuel cell stack needs to consume the oxygen during the operation. To prevent anoxia, it may only be operated in a well-ventilated environment.
- Since the hydrogen is colorless and odorless flammable gas, smoking is strictly prohibited near the fuel cell stack, and the fuel cell stack shall be kept away from the fire and heat sources.
- Make sure the fuel cell stack is kept away from the children.